Saturday, March 14, 2009

*gasp*

So today, while driving through quite possibly one of the ugliest intersections around I came across this car (well not "this" car) but close enough.

It is a 1971 SS Chevy Camaro clone. The actual car in question also has Crager knock offs and a standard hood with no cowl.

The gentleman said it had a new 350 cid crate motor and 4 speed Muncie M-22 Rock Crusher, but I seriously doubt it, the SS usually came paired with a M-22 in combination with a 396 cid. adding a 3:73 rear end. The guy didn't know what was in the rear or what type carb, I know that its' most likely the dreaded Quadra-Jet, he should too.

There were only 8,377 produced, so the odds aren't in my favor, plus I didn't see the tell-tale rear stabilizer bars *sigh*. It did , however have a nifty "poseur-pack" that included all the stickers and emblems.

But a girl can dream, oh yes she can and for a mere $8,000 she can dream in technicolor. But I could never own a "faux" SS anything, let alone my signature car...the 1970-73 Camaro.
I drove a pale yellow '73 throughout high school, it was pristine. I saw it once back in 2000 at a grocery store parking lot in Rio Linda of all places and I just sat and wept. They still had the same plate. I left a note on the car and drove back to my boyfriends.
I will have another someday...maybe just not today.

No comments:

Post a Comment